Meaning : A biblical name meaning 'princess'. Famous Sarah's include, Sarah Jessica Parker from 'Sex in the City' and the actress, Sarah Michelle-Gellar, known for playing 'Buffy' in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' TV series, plus films including 'Cruel Intentions', 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' and the truly awful Scooby-Doo films., Princess,
Pronunciation : SAIR uh, (SEH-Rah), SER-ə (English), SAR-ə (English), ZAH-rah (German) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Sarah:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Sarah:
- Sarah is a biblical name borne by the wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac. She was originally named Sarai which may mean 'contentious' in Hebrew, but her name was changed to Sarah which means 'princess'. Famous bearers of this name include Sarah Jessica Parker and Sarah Michelle Gellar (actresses) and Sarah McLachlan (singer).
- Muslim Meaning: The name Sarah is a Muslim baby name. In Muslim the meaning of the name Sarah is: Pure. Happy.
- American Meaning: The name Sarah is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Sarah is: Pure. Happy.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Sarah is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Sarah is: Lady; princess; princess of the multitude.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Sarah is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Sarah is: Princess. In the Bible, Sarah was the wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac. Her name was originally Sarai (quarrelsome), but God commanded that her name be changed to Sarah before the birth of her son.
- Oh, Sarah…You’re such a princess. (No, really -- that’s what the name means.) But it wasn’t always that way. In the Bible, Abraham’s wife was originally named Sarai, which means…“contentious.” Fittingly, Sarai lobbied the big guy to change her name, and she ended up as the Sarah that so many moms and dads love today. The name’s always been popular -- it’s barely been out of the top hundred for over a century -- and peaked at number three in 1993. Despite its wide usage, it’s still a classic, fashionable name. If you want something a little different though, try a variation like Sadie, Sally or, of course, the obvious fallback -- Zahara.
- Means "lady, princess, noblewoman" in Hebrew. This is the name of the wife of Abraham in the Old Testament. She became the mother of Isaac at the age of 90. Her name was originally Sarai, but God changed it (see Genesis 17:15). In England, Sarah came into use after the Protestant Reformation.
Definition funny of Sarah:
- The translation of "Sarah" is "princess"
- that sarah is a babee!
- What is your name? Sarah Me too! But how do you spell it? The correct way,
- man, i wish i was a sarah like you!
- guy 1:"did you see that girl, yesterday she looked kinda quiet, but today shes letting her true colours show!" guy 2:"she's such a sarah" guy 1:"I secretly love that girl! i have to find out who she is!
- whoes that girl over their with that toad in her hand? oh thats my friend sarah, isn't she a sexy peice of ass? Yeah; what a hero.
- omg did u see that sarah girl over there? yea isnt she the coolest? ya, dont forget the nicest!
Expression information Sarah:
- People with this name tend to be quiet, cooperative, considerate, sympathetic to others, adaptable, balanced and sometimes shy. They are trustworthy, respecting the confidences of others, and make excellent diplomats, mediators and partners. They are often very intuitive. They like detail and order, and often find change worrisome. They may sometimes feel insecure or restless.
Soul information Sarah:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
Songs about Sarah:
- From Sarah With Love - Sarah Connor
- Hard Night for Sarah - Kid Rock
- Me And Sarah Jane - Genesis
- Sarah - Bat for Lashes
- Sarah - Eskimo Joe
- Sarah - The Slackers
- Sarah - Thin Lizzy
- Sarah - Ween
- Sarah (Last Night In A Dream) - Declan O'Rourke
- Sarah Goldfarb, Where Are Your Manners - Fear Before the March of Flames
Books about Sarah:
- Queen of Shadows: Throne of Glass 4 - Sep 1, 2015 by Sarah J. Maas
- Sarah: A Novel - Jun 9, 2001 by J. T. LeRoy
- Sarah: A Novel (Canaan Trilogy) - Apr 26, 2005 by Marek Halter
- Sarah's Key - Sep 30, 2008 by Tatiana de Rosnay
- Saint Anything - May 5, 2015 by Sarah Dessen
- Sarah (Women of Genesis, Book 1) - Aug 30, 2001 by Orson Scott Card
- Sarah, Plain and Tall 30th Anniversary Edition - Mar 3, 2015 by Patricia MacLachlan
- Sarah's Sick Day - Feb 1, 2014 by Erainna Winnett and Abira Das
- Sarah - Oct 10, 2007 by Jerry Eicher
- Waking Kate - Dec 3, 2013 by Sarah Addison Allen
Movies about Sarah:
- Sarah Silverman: We are Miracles2013 NR CC
- This Thing with Sarah [HD]2014 NR CC
- Three Sovereigns for Sarah1985 CC
- The Initiation of Sarah2006 NR CC
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Unrated)2008 Unrated CC
- Sarah & Duck Volume 12013 CC
- Sarah's Key2011 PG-13 CC
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall2008 R CC
- Sarah & Duck Volume 22014 CC
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 12008 CC
Famous about Sarah:
- Sarah - biblical wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac (at age 90!)
- Sarah Jessica Parker - actress
- Sarah Silverman - comedian and actress
- Sarah Connor - heroine in Terminator
- Sarah McLachlan - singer and songwriter
Infamous about Sarah:
- Sarah Zabiarov - character in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Wiki information Sarah:
- Sarah Palin
- Politician, Name source, Public speaker, Organization founder, TV Producer, Person, Identity, Film actor, TV Personality, Topic
Sarah Louise Palin is an American politician, commentator, and author who served as the ninth Governor of Alaska, from 2006 to her resignation in 2009. As the Republican Party nominee for Vice President in the 2008 Presidential election, alongside...
- Sarah McLachlan
- Soft rock Artist, Musical Artist, Guitarist, Film actor, Broadcast Artist, Topic, Featured artist, Author, Person or entity appearing in film, Songwriter
Sarah Ann McLachlan, OC, OBC is a Canadian musician, singer, songwriter, and pianist. Known for her emotional ballads and mezzo-soprano vocal range, as of 2009, she has sold over 40 million albums worldwide. McLachlan's best-selling album to date is...
- Sarah, Duchess of York
- Noble person, Product Endorser, Person or entity appearing in film, Film producer, Author, Topic, Person
Sarah, Duchess of York is a British writer, charity patron, public speaker, film producer and television personality. Popularly referred to as "Fergie", she is the former wife of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, the second son of Queen Elizabeth II and...
- Founding Figure, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Deceased Person
Sarah or Sara was the wife and half-sister of Abraham and the mother of Isaac as described in the Hebrew Bible and the Quran. Her name was originally Sarai. According to Genesis 17:15, God changed her name to Sarah as part of a covenant after Hagar...
- Sarah Silverman
- Comedian, Celebrity, TV Producer, Film producer, Musician, Influence Node, Author, Measured person, Identity, Person
Sarah Kate Silverman is an American stand-up comedian, writer, producer, actress, voice actress and singer. Her satirical comedy addresses social taboos and controversial topics, such as racism, sexism and religion, having her comic character endorse...
- Sarah Connor
- Pop Artist, Musical Artist, Award Winner, Ranked item, Identity, TV Actor, Person, Film actor, TV program guest, Featured artist
Sarah Terenzi, better known by her stage name Sarah Connor, is a German singer, songwriter, and television personality. Connor debuted in 2001 under the guidance of artist manager George Glueck and became the first solo act to ever have four...
- Sarah Vaughan
- Blues Artist, Musical Artist, Person, Identity, Musician, Award Winner, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Deceased Person, Featured artist
Sarah Lois Vaughan was an American jazz singer, described by music critic Scott Yanow as having "one of the most wondrous voices of the 20th century." Nicknamed "Sassy", "The Divine One" and "Sailor", Sarah Vaughan was a Grammy Award winner. The...
- Sarah Brightman
- Operatic pop Artist, Composer, Musical Artist, Broadcast Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Social network user, Person, Featured artist, Theater Actor,
Sarah Brightman is an English classical crossover soprano, actress, songwriter and dancer. She has sung in many languages, including English, Spanish, French, Latin, German, Turkish, Italian, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese and Catalan. Brightman...
- Sarah Bernhardt
- Actor, Author, Film actor, Identity, Influence Node, Topic, Deceased Person, Film subject, Person Or Being In Fiction, Film writer
Sarah Bernhardt was a French stage and early film actress. She was referred to as "the most famous actress the world has ever known". Bernhardt made her fame on the stages of France in the 1870s, at the beginning of the Belle Epoque period, and was...
- Sarah Geronimo
- Original Pilipino Artist, TV Personality, Musician, Award Winner, Topic, Award Nominee, Featured artist, Person, TV Actor, Film actor
Sarah Geronimo is a Filipino singer, actress and television personality. Born and raised in Santa Cruz, Manila, Geronimo started a career in music after winning the television singing contest Star for a Night in 2003. She signed with music label Viva...