Meaning : Wisdom, Derived from the Greek meaning Wisdom. The Hebrew version of the name Jopie means 'God will Multiply' .,
Pronunciation : so FEE uh, (SOWFiyah), so-FEE-ə (English), so-FIE-ə (British English), zo-FEE-ah (German) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Sophia:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Sophia:
- Sophia is a name with Greek origins. The meaning of the name Sophia is wisdom. There are many variations of the spelling of Sophia throughout the world, but the most common American alternate spelling is Sofia. Other alternate spellings include Sofiya and Sofea. Sophia is one of the most popular girl's name in the western world. It was the #1 girl name in the United States in 2011, 2012, and 2013. It has also been in the top 10 girl names among WikiName.net's users and was #7 girl name on WikiName.net's popular names of 2014 when combined with the alternate spelling Sofia. Famous Sophias include actresses Sophia Loren and Sophia Bush. Sofia Vergara is a very popular actress on U.S. television (Modern Family) and one of the most powerful women in the world, according to Forbes. Sofia Coppola is a director and also the daughter of Frances Ford Coppola, so she may be considered one of the celebrity daughters that caused the name's boom in popularity in the United States. Fictional characters range from Disney's Sofia the First to Sophia Peletier from The Walking Dead to Sophia Petrillo on The Golden Girls. WikiName.net users who like the name Sophia typically like girl names that are trendy and have a Latin/Italian flare. They tend to like boy names that are trendy or Biblical.
- From the Greek word for 'wisdom'. Popular in 17th century Britain, the name has grown in popularity since the 1990s. May be linked to the geographic location Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Greek Meaning: The name Sophia is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Sophia is: Wisdom; wise.
- American Meaning: The name Sophia is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Sophia is: Wisdom; wise.
- This ancient Greek name, meaning “wisdom” or “skill,” has a variation in just about every language. This is good news for parents who love the name but want something a little less common, as Sophia’s been rocketing up the charts since the late ’90s. (It’s always been a relatively well-used name -- royals have donned the moniker since at least the fifteenth century, but right now it’s much trendier than ever.) You can add a few vowels (say, the Russian Sofiya), pick a similar but less popular name (the German Sophie or Sonja) or go for another sound entirely (the Spanish Fifi or Chofa). We’re not knocking the original though -- Sophia is pretty but not prissy, classic but not frumpy -- meaning, we totally get the appeal.
- Means "wisdom" in Greek. This was the name of an early, probably mythical, saint who died of grief after her three daughters were martyred. Legends about her probably arose as a result of a medieval misunderstanding of the phrase Hagia Sophia "Holy Wisdom", which was the name of a large basilica in Constantinople. This name was common among continental European royalty during the Middle Ages, and it was popularized in Britain by the German House of Hanover when they inherited the British throne in the 18th century. It was the name of characters in the novels 'Tom Jones' (1749) by Henry Fielding and 'The Vicar of Wakefield' (1766) by Oliver Goldsmith.
Definition funny of Sophia:
- That girl's a "Sophia", all I want in a woman. Curves like Sophia Loren, sexy prowl like Sofia Vergara, can freak you like the porn star Sophia Santi.
- dayum, Sophia is FiiNE !!
- Hey, is that a god? Nope, it's just Sophia. (:
- I LOVE YOU SOPHIA!!!
- Dude 1: Omg! Theres Sophia. Dude 2: Omg! Let's go give her the biggest hug ever!
- I love my friend Sophia. THERE IS SOPHIA!!!!!!!!!
- Damn i wish i was sophia Look at all the girls jealous of sophias natural beauty
Expression information Sophia:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Sophia:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Sophia:
- All For You Sophia - Franz Ferdinand
- Jewels For Sophia - Robyn Hitchcock
- Something for Sophia Loren - The King of Luxembourg
- Sophia - John Squire
- Sophia - The Rasmus
- Sophia So Far by Goodnight Radio from the Album Sophia So Far
- Sophia by Laura Marling from the Album A Creature I Don't Know
- All For You, Sophia by Franz Ferdinand from the Album Franz Ferdinand (Special Edition Version)
- Song For Sophia by Dead Can Dance from the Album A Passage In Time
- "Sophia's Personalized Happy Birthday Song (Soffia, Sofia, Sophea, Sophiya)" by Personalized Kid Music from the Album Imagine Me - Personalized Music for Kids: Sophia
Books about Sophia:
- One Word from Sophia - Jun 16, 2015 by Jim Averbeck and Yasmeen Ismail
- Sophia: Princess, Suffragette, Revolutionary - Jan 13, 2015 by Anita Anand
- The Perfect Tea Party (Disney Junior: Sofia the First) (Little Golden Book) - Jun 11, 2013 by Andrea Posner-Sanchez and RH Disney
- Sophia - Oct 14, 2014 by Paula Kremser
- Return of the Divine Sophia: Healing the Earth through the Lost Wisdom Teachings of Jesus, Isis, and Mary Magdalene - Mar 6, 2015 by Tricia McCannon
- Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom, Bride of God - May 1, 2001 by Caitlin Matthews
- SOPHIA Makes Words!: A personalized world of words based on the letters in the name SOPHIA, with humorous poems... - Jul 27, 2013 by Paula Hollins
- Silly Sophia: A Daily Adventure - Jan 6, 2009 by Beth Elliott and Annette Nicolas
- Sophia: The Hidden Christ of Thomas Merton - Oct 1, 2009 by Christopher Pramuk
- Sofia the First The Royal Slumber Party - Jun 4, 2013 by Disney Book Group and Catherine Hapka
Movies about Sophia:
- Sophia Grace & Rosie's Royal Adventure2014 G CC
- Sophia Grace & Rosie's Royal Adventure (plus bonus features!)2014 G CC
- Global Treasures Hagia Sophia Istanbul, Turkey2009 NR CC
- Sophia Grace & Rosie's Royal Adventure2014 G
- HAGIA SOPHIA: The Jewel of Christendom2009 NR
- Sophia Returning: The Path To Planetary Tantra With John Lash2009 NR
- Sophia Loren: Award Collection1963 Unrated
- Sophia Loren: Award Collection1964 Unrated
- Marriage Italian Style1964 NR
- Sophia Loren 4-Film Collection2008 NR
Famous about Sophia:
- Sophia Bush - actress
- Sophia Loren - Italian actress
- Sophia Michahelles - puppeteer maker
- Sophia Hawthorne - painter, illustrator, and wife of Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Sofia (alt. spelling) - character in The Color Purple
Wiki information Sophia:
- Hagia Sophia
- Byzantine Structure, Place of worship, Building, Museum, Project focus, Place of interment, Tourist attraction, Structure, Location
Hagia Sophia is a former Christian patriarchal basilica, later an imperial mosque, and now a museum in Istanbul, Turkey. From the date of its construction in 537 until 1453, it served as a Greek Orthodox cathedral and seat of the Patriarch of...
- Sophia of Hanover
- Noble person, Person, Author, Deceased Person
Sophia of the Palatinate was the Electress of Hanover from 1692 to 1698. She became heiress presumptive to the crowns of the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Ireland under the Act of Settlement 1701. After the Act of Union, 1707 unified the...
- Saint Sophia's Cathedral, Kiev
- Place of worship, Structure, Project focus, Building, Tourist attraction, Place of interment, Location
Saint Sophia Cathedral in Kiev is an outstanding architectural monument of Kievan Rus'. The cathedral is one of the city's best known landmarks and the first patrimony on territory of Ukraine to be inscribed on the World Heritage List along with the...
- Sophia Loren
- Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Musical Artist, TV Actor, Identity, Award Winner, Topic, Featured artist, Topic
Sophia Loren is an Italian film actress. She began her career at age 14 after entering a beauty pageant in 1949. Encouraged to enroll in acting lessons, Loren appeared in several bit parts and minor roles until the late 1950s when Loren's...
Sophia is a central idea in Hellenistic philosophy and religion, Platonism, Gnosticism, Orthodox Christianity, Esoteric Christianity, as well as Christian mysticism. Sophiology is a philosophical concept regarding wisdom, as well as a theological...
- Alternative Artist, Musical Group, Musical Artist
Sophia was a Japanese rock band formed in 1994 by vocalist Mitsuru Matsuoka, guitarist Kazutaka Toyota, bassist Yoshio Kuroyanagi, drummer Yoshitomo Akamatsu and keyboardist Keiichi Miyako. Currently signed to Avex Trax since 2011, they made their...
- Sophia Bush
- Actor, Blogger, TV Director, Award Winner, Identity, Film actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Person, Ranked item
Sophia Anna Bush is an American actress, director, spokesperson, and activist. She starred in The WB/CW television series One Tree Hill, in which she portrayed Brooke Davis from 2003 to 2012. She is also known for her film roles in John Tucker Must...
- Sofía of Spain
- Noble person, Topic, Person, Family member, Chivalric Order Member, Person or entity appearing in film, Name source
Queen Sofía is the wife of King Juan Carlos I. Born a Greek princess, she became Queen of Spain upon her husband's accession in 1975. On 2 June 2014, Juan Carlos announced that he would abdicate in favour of their son, Felipe VI, who assumed the...
- Sofia Alekseyevna of Russia
- Monarch, Deceased Person, Person, Noble person, Family member
Sophia Alekseyevna was regent of Russia from 1682 to 1689. She allied herself with a singularly capable courtier and politician, Prince Vasily Galitzine, to install herself during the minority of her brother Ivan V and half-brother Peter I. Her...
- Cathedral of St. Sophia, Novgorod
- Cathedral, Building, Location, Place of worship, Structure, Project focus, Listed Site
The Cathedral of St. Sophia in Veliky Novgorod is the cathedral church of the Archbishop of Novgorod and the mother church of the Novgorodian Eparchy.